When large vehicles are involved in road breakdowns, commercial towing companies come to the rescue to provide light and heavy duty towing services. Promptly clearing the road after accidents involving large trucks, loaded trailers, buses, tankers, RVs and other large vehicles is Pomoc drogowa Swietochlowice essential as these accidents may require additional road closures to clean up the mess of spilled product, glass and debris. As the owner of the vehicle, you wanted the problem solved with the least amount of loss to your business.
Types of commercial towing equipment
Commercial towing companies remove vehicles from the scene with appropriate equipment to do the job. While there are many types of tow trucks sent to do the job, some of the most common types are based on a few commonly used ones.
- Truck mounted cranes have an adjustable winch in places where the tow truck cannot safely back up. For example, if the vehicle is stuck in a ditch or plowing over an embankment, the boom winch first pulls it to safety.
- Hook and chain trucks, also known as “sling” or “belt lift trucks,” use chains looped around the axle along with a boom winch to position the car so it can be towed on the other axle. This type of device can destroy the drive train of front-wheel drive vehicles and scratch bumpers, but they are still used to tow vehicles with missing wheels or with steel bumpers.
- Wheel lifts are the modern version of hook and chain towing, and use a large metal yoke that supports the front or rear wheels and raises them pneumatically or hydraulically above the ground for towing. It does not connect to the axles, but to the front wheels on front-wheel drive cars or trucks and to the rear wheels on rear-wheel drive units. The device is also called a “glasses lift” because it resembles square glasses.
- Flatbed trucks have a flat surface or bed that hydraulically inclines or lowers to the ground so that the vehicle can be winched or driven on for removal from the job site. This approach is also called rollback or slide.
- An integrated truck, a “self-loader” commonly used in repo operations and illegally parked vehicle removal, incorporates the boom and wheel lift approach and can dock the vehicle from inside the rescue vehicle without the driver having to exit .
There are also towing devices that combine some of these qualities to get damaged vehicles out of any situation.
Companies that provide light, medium, and heavy-duty transportation are often called to the scene by local law enforcement, the county sheriff, and the highway patrol. In some cases, trucking companies, municipalities, and school systems have their own trucks that can be called. They have the trained drivers and equipment, expertise and permits needed for heavy towing. You have the right towing system equipped with numerous attachments to safely grab, pull upright and properly balance the vehicle to safely remove it from the job site. For large rescue operations, multiple trucks and equipment types may be dispatched to the scene of an accident.
Need for quality towing services
One can find many towing companies in and around their area. There are companies that offer this service at low to high prices depending on the additional attractions. But an important question is whether we need these services at all.
The main reason behind the development and spread of this industry can be attributed to the growing number of road accidents and road traffic insecurity. Since we don’t live in an ideal world, we will need such services at some point.
Some of the main reasons we need these services are listed below:
* Mechanical problems
Cars or other vehicles run on machinery and are therefore prone to breakdowns or malfunctions at any time. A vehicle can face minor issues like starter problems or larger ones like complete engine stalls. In the latter case, it is advisable to call in an expert along the way. In case the car is in bad condition in the middle of the road, it is always worth having an expert contact number with you.
* Bad roads
Poor road conditions are equally responsible for poor vehicle performance. In some cases, bumpy roads or ditches can lead to steering imbalance and accidents Pomoc drogowa Ruda Śląska involving snow, mud, or other problematic areas. In these situations, you have to hire the services of such companies.
* Traffic accidents
This is one of the most common examples where one might need such a service. Traffic accidents cause minor to severe damage to cars and other vehicles. They are no longer roadworthy or are carried safely by professionals to prevent further damage.
* Commercial towing services
Ultimately, these services are required by businesses and lenders (financial institutions) for repayments. Lenders or companies hire such services for loan repayments or for clearing unauthorized cars from parking lots.